Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cheryl Solves A Mystery



The DU Bookstore received a call from a customer named Angelina (aka Angel), who told us she did not receive her textbook order. She had wanted the books sent to her workplace, the Great Clips at the Germantown Square Mall in Germantown, Wisconsin. However, she did not put the name of the business on the order. We tracked the shipment and found it was signed for by someone we will call Hightower. While Marty - the Textbook Manager - and I were trying to find a phone number for the mall office, Cheryl - pictured above - found a Deborah Hightower who owned a business called the Healing Place on the same street. I called Deborah and told her about the package meant for Great Clips. She told me nobody has been at the business in several weeks, and she knew nothing about a package. Half an hour later Deborah called me back, telling me that she suddenly remembered she has a daughter! With the same last name! Who works at Beratti Bridal in the same mall as Great Clips! In the detective business we call that a clue. I called Beratti Bridal and told them about a package signed by someone named Hightower. I was told nobody named Hightower worked there. Nobody named Alisa Hightower works there? Oh, THAT Hightower. I was then told they would check their stockroom and get back to me. And they did, finally fessing up and admitting they did indeed have the package and would deliver it to Angel at Great Clips. And now I feel very close to the people of Germantown, Wisconsin. I feel I know so many of them. Maybe I should visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment