Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reflection Time


I turned in my "separation" paperwork to DU's HR department today.  I will be leaving the university's employ this coming Monday after 28 years, thanks to the outsourcing of the DU Bookstore.  I must say, my termination paperwork was processed in record time.  I got an e-mail after just two hours saying that everything had been completed.  I'm trying not to take it too personally, even though it usually takes HR a week to get anything done.  Must just be a slow time for them.  In any case, everyone at the "new" DU Bookstore  - even the new management - says they are looking forward to my return to the store.  Makes me wonder what they are up to.  Hopefully they aren't planning to have me stand outside the store with one those advertising signs, dressed as "Bookstore Boy."  I have my standards - very low standards - but standards nonetheless.     

No comments:

Post a Comment