Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year Everyone!  At last 2019 - with all its turmoil and partisanship - is behind us, and we can look forward to 2020, which I am sure will be a year of cooperation, compromise, and working together to improve the country and the lives of it's people.  Just kidding, of course, but we have to have some hope, right?  In any case, the photograph above is one I randomly selected from the files on my computer.  I have no idea when it was taken, but suspect sometime in the 1980s or early 1990s.  It was taken in the dining area of my mother Mary's condo in Stuart, Florida, and notable for the fact that the wall still has it's original wallpaper on it.  I wonder why it was ever removed?  I thought it added a nice touch to the place.  In any case, the above revelers, from left to right, are my mother's neighbors, Minn and Jen, my sister Susan, myself - wearing a shirt that is still in my closet, I might add - and my mother Mary.  And who took that photo? My ex-wife Lisa? Another neighbor?  The answer to that question has disappeared into the mists of time, just like those happy days.  But now it is time to look forward, right?  What choice do we have? And with that, I hope you all have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment