Monday, January 13, 2020

Visiting The National Western Stock Show With Stuart



My friend Stuart (pictured above with "Showman," the llama) and I took advantage of an opening weekend 2 for 1 coupon and went to the National Western Stock Show here in Denver yesterday afternoon.  It was evidently llama and alpaca day, since they filled the Junior Barn's pens, and there was a llama and/or alpaca competition going on in the arena next door.  We only bought grounds admission tickets, and did not attend a rodeo, instead opting for pizza and beer at the Old Chicago on South Colorado Boulevard.  I attended a rodeo here only once, and as Ed, my old University of Denver Bookstore director told me years ago, going to a rodeo once is interesting, but twice is a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment