Sunday, June 18, 2023

Happy Father's Day!





Today is Father's Day, and in honor of this occasion I am featuring a photograph of my father Nelson, which I took years ago in the Stuart, Florida condo he and my mother Mary retired to from Chicago back in 1976. My father just loved Stuart. After a lifetime working at a job he hated, he was finally able to retire to the Monterey Yacht and Country Club and be able to play golf every day. Sadly, he passed away in 1983, having only 7 years of retirement, but on the bright side, he really enjoyed those years. My mother Mary did not want to leave Chicago, but went down to Stuart anyway for my father's sake, and wound up loving the place just as much as he did. She learned to play golf, made more friends than she ever had before, and lived there for almost 30 years. My sister Susan and I will be taking back that condo in 13 months from our tenants, and plan to spend part of the year down there. Looking at that photograph on the left of my father standing in the living room, about to make breakfast, really brings back happy memories, and makes me look forward to being back there once again. Happy Father's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment