Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Lunch With Stuart At Old Chicago, The Old Standby






I had a late lunch with my friend Stuart, seen in the photograph on the left, at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom in beautiful Lakewood, Colorado, where starting this year they don't roll up the sidewalks until 8:00 P.M. (and I was just kidding about the beautiful part, by the way). The exciting news here in Colorado is that the Nuggets won the 2023 NBA Championship, although neither Stuart nor I watched any of the games. It is baseball season, after all. And speaking of baseball, both the Chicago Cubs - 8 games under .500 - and Stuart's favorite team (he grew up on the North Side of Chicago) and my South Side heros the Chicago White Sox - 10 games under .500 - are both only 5.5 games out of first place, thanks to both teams playing in weak divisions. In other words, there is still a chance for the first Subway Series in Chicago since 1906. Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth...

No comments:

Post a Comment