It has been a while since I have driven north on Denver's Pearl Street as it crosses East Alameda Avenue. And so yesterday afternoon, as I approached that intersection, I noticed for the first time the building in the photograph on the left with the huge eyes staring out at you. I like this mural very much. It is very understated in its colors and makes you smile as you look at it while waiting for the light to change. This building is an older, tree-lined neighborhood and this mural seems to fit right in. There are not that many murals on the buildings in this particular locale, which gives this one more impact when you come across it.
As opposed to the murals in Denver's River North (RiNo) neighborhood, which are everywhere, all of them with very vivid colors, often with messages, such as the one in the photograph on the right. RiNo is Hipster Central, with lots of bars and brewpubs and very expensive apartments catering to the younger crowd. In fact, I read an article on my web browser that lists RiNo as one of the coolest neighborhoods in the city. In other words, a place that expects exactly that kind of art. Different neighborhoods, different murals, but all of them interesting.



No comments:
Post a Comment