Tuesday, July 28, 2026

The 13th Annual Cheesman Park Art Fest




The 13th Annual Cheesman Park Art Fest took place this past weekend here in Denver. I've always liked this festival, which takes place in such a pleasant setting, as seen in the photograph on the left, but have not attended it for the past two years because my sister Susan and I were in Stuart, Florida, escaping Denver's brutal hot weather. This year, however, we were here in Denver and able to attend. It was enjoyable, but as usual, very hot. In fact, a local television news station covered the event, but only focused on how the artists were coping with the heat. Quite well, I would say, since most of them were in the shade, under the canopies over their booths, with portable fans helping to cool them off, while the art patrons had to deal with 103-degree temperatures under a cloudless sky. But I'm not complaining. It was definitely worth visiting. There were 150 artists from across the country, as well as a stage with live music. The Delta Sonics, who were at the Centennial Fine Art Festival back in May, were playing their blues music at this event, too. They are really quite good, and I recognized them immediately as we passed by the stage.




Someone else at this festival who I recognized was Spenser Yowell, who was also at the Pearl Street Art Fest in Boulder. He is from Wyoming, and his photographs of animals in the wild are quite good, especially his portraits of bears and moose (mooses?). Check out his work at https://www.truvirtuephotography.com/. Another photographer at the show was Greg Davis, a National Geographic published photographer from Texas. His work focuses mostly on people and cultures from across the world. I am pretty sure I have seen his work before, especially his photographs from India and Cuba. I immediately recognized the photograph of an older Cuban woman smoking a huge cigar as I passed by his booth, which always makes me smile. His work can be found at https://gregdavisphotography.com/. All in all, a very pleasant Saturday afternoon indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment