Sunday, May 21, 2017

Giving Notice At My Part-Time Job


As regular Blog readers know, I have been working at a part-time job in the evenings and weekends at a local grocery store to help with expenses.  Fortunately, I was able to rent my sister Susan and my condo in Stuart, Florida for the year, which was my biggest expense, and the day before yesterday was able to mail the final installments for the property taxes for both my condo in Denver and the 40 acres of forest I inherited from my father just south of Herbster, Wisconsin (a long story).  And so, I felt it was time to give notice at my part-time job, where I shop for groceries ordered on the internet and deliver them to customers at their cars when they arrive at the store. In addition to the above reasons for giving notice, I can't help but mention that much of the time over the past four months or so it has been midnight, like last night, or after 9:00 P.M., as it was when I took the above photograph, when I finally get home.  It is sometimes hard to remember what the place looks like in the daytime.  In any case, I gave my final day as June 30th, to give my boss time to replace someone who is essentially irreplaceable.  And so it surprised me that 15 minutes later she had a post-it note with the name and starting date (July 2nd) of the person she wants to replace me sitting on the desk. Evidently everyone in the grocery store wants to transfer to our department and start living the good life.  Of course, I am sure the fact that they were able to replace me in 15 minutes doesn't mean they won't miss me, right? Who wouldn't?

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Fifteen minutes? That was pretty quick I think. But who cares, as long as you get to enjoy the free time, that's what really matters.

    ReplyDelete