Friday, May 19, 2017

Snow In Late May? Oh No!


Actually, it is not unusual to have snow in Denver this late in the year, although this is the latest snowfall we have had in 10 years.  I have personally seen it snow in Denver on June 6th, which was quite a shock to the system, even if it melted as soon as it hit the ground.  Yesterday's storm was far more messy than anything, and the snow melted as soon it hit the streets.  Of course, the local news stations claimed that the snowfall was much heavier to the south and north of Denver.  And Evergreen, a small town in the foothills just to the west, received 14 inches.  However, since the local news channels always make such a big deal about these storms, I think they often are just trying to justify their rather hysterical coverage.  But then again, as everyone knows, I am a cynic and a curmudgeon, so who knows?

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You had snow on June 6th? That is incredible. With global warming, I bet we will be seeing a lot of those crazy weather patterns in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, that I really like your blog. It is very similar to mine. Plus you keep your posts short and to the point. If you want, you can checkout my blog at http://www.tonytonevega.com/

    ReplyDelete