Monday, May 1, 2017

This Is Baseball Season, Isn't It?




I drove to Coors Field Saturday morning to buy tickets to the Colorado Rockies-Chicago Cubs game next week for my friends Stuart, Mark, and myself.  I walked out into a spring snowstorm, and found 5 inches of snow on my car.  Nothing unusual - our last snowfall in Denver is usually sometime in May - but it is still disconcerting.  I have attended baseball games in the snow before, and it is not a fun experience.  I just hope that the weather next Tuesday night will not look like the photograph on the left.






And for all you baseball fans out there, the North Side Chicago Cubs and South Side Chicago White Sox have identical 13-10 records, which puts the Cubs in first place and the White Sox a mere half game out of first. And none other than the Colorado Rockies are 16 and 10 and have the second best record in all of baseball. Is this going to be the year all three teams make the playoffs?  Well, as the photograph on the right shows, there is still snow on the ground in a lot of places, which means it is still very early in the season.  Much too early to tell, but it does seem highly unlikely.  But isn't pretty to think?

No comments:

Post a Comment