Thursday, May 18, 2017

Walking Around DU...




As I have mentioned many times before, I live right across the street from the University of Denver campus, located right in the heart of south central Denver.  I must say the campus is very beautiful, and is a very pleasant place to stroll on a warm spring evening.  As I have also mentioned before, DU wants to "seamlessly connect" with the surrounding University Park neighborhood, and  wants to build a "gateway village" just across the street from me. Unfortunately, they also want to move the University of Denver Light Rail Station to the corner of University and Buchtel Boulevards, so that the people disembarking the train will see the glory which the University of Denver is.  That happens to be exactly where my condo is located.  Of course, they might be thinking about putting the station on the other side of University Boulevard, but it still makes me nervous.  Especially since I once saw a map of the campus on the wall of the Vice Chancellor's office which showed the Light  Rail Station exactly where my condo is located




Happily, next Wednesday is the quarterly DU meeting with it's University Park neighbors, and I made sure I was off that night from my part-time grocery store job so that I could attend.  I will finally be able to ask DU officials what they have in mind, and if it involves putting a wrecking ball to my condo building.  As regular Blog readers know, DU outsourced the University of Denver Bookstore, where I worked as Finance Manager for almost 30 years, to Follett Higher Education group.  But as regular Blog readers know, I am not at all bitter about that.  Much.  But to also throw me out of my home seems to me to be going a bit overboard.  Can't wait to "reach out" to out you, DU officials!

No comments:

Post a Comment