Sunday, October 27, 2019

A Baseball Update







Tonight Game 4 of the World Series will be played between the Houston Astros and the Washington Nationals, two teams I have no feelings about whatsoever, except for the fact that they both train at the same spring training complex in West Palm Beach, Florida, about 30 miles or so from Stuart, where my sister and I own a condo. And no, baseball is not still being played at Coors Field here in Denver.  The Colorado Rockies have not gone rogue, unlike former Alaska governor Sarah Palin.  The photograph on the left was taken quite a few years ago, just before my sister Susan, brother-in-law George, and I entered Coor's Field to watch a Rockies game.  The Rockies, by the way, finished this season with 71 wins and 91 losses, an even worse record than my south side heros, the Chicago White Sox.  Sadly, the Rockies say they will not be making any changes to the team next year, since they have committed all their money to long term contracts with very mediocre (by which I mean very bad) players.  Sounds like it will be another long, long season next year.  Big surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment