Monday, October 21, 2019

Denver In The Fall





I have been doing a lot of biking lately, and I must say that bike riding during the fall in Colorado is truly magical. The more I have been riding this past year, the more distance I have been covering, lately going from my condo across from the University of Denver to the 16th Street Mall, the Highlands neighborhood, Sloan's Lake, and then home via the Cherry Creek Bike Path. I recently took the photograph on the left of the Bosler House, an historic home in the Highlands neighborhood. The couple who purchased it have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to restore the place, and you have to admire that kind of civic responsibility, not to mention appreciate the result of their efforts.




I finished my ride, as usual, biking through Washington Park, which was packed on that particular weekday afternoon with stay-at-home moms and their children, University of Denver students relishing their time after classes, and senior citizens (much older than me, I might add), enjoying the fall afternoon.  My friend Stuart tells me that the Farmer's Almanac predicts a truly harsh winter for our region, which he seems to fervently believe.  I myself hope that is not true, but you never know.  Therefore, it might be soon time to head back to my villa on the French Rivera.  A tough choice, but one I might be forced to make.  My servants will no doubt be happy to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment