Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The Zoo In The Fall






I went to the Denver Zoo this past Monday to take some photographs, hoping that the cool temperatures (it was in the low 50s) would make the animals want to hang out in the sun, instead of hidden in the shade, where they tend to go when it is hot.  For most of them this was true, but naturally many (including the baby lion) had their backs to me.  I tried not to take this personally, and moved on to find animals who would actually face forward.  One of them was the baby mandrill, whose mother never seems to let go of him, as seen in the photograph on the left.









I also checked in on the black and white colobus monkey, who seems depressed as ever, and can be seen in the photograph on the right.  He is obviously reflecting on his life as a prisoner, and just how in the hell he wound up in this situation. I still say letting all these animals run free throughout the zoo would do a lot to cheer these creatures up.  If zoo officials still refuse to do this, the only humane thing to do is to load them to the gills with anti-depressants.  I'm just sayin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment