Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Golden Reflections


I took the above photograph of the reflections in a store window when I was up in Golden, Colorado the other day. Photographs of window reflections are considered kind of lowbrow by art photographers. I remember years ago there was an exhibition of photographs at the Denver Art Museum by a local photographer, some of which featured store reflections, and the art community was aghast, saying his photos were unworthy of being exhibited at the DAM. Of course, right now there is a photography exhibit at the Denver Art Museum called Curious Visions: Toward Abstract Photography, which features photographs that are completely unidentifiable, but no doubt "artsy." I myself prefer traditional photographs, including window reflections, especially when you can see Table Mesa featured prominently in that window. And despite this, I still feel like an "artiste."

No comments:

Post a Comment