Monday, April 11, 2022

Happy Hour With Wally At Reiver's


I got together with Wally - my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore colleague - Friday evening for happy hour at Reiver's, a popular bar and restaurant on Old South Gaylord Street here in Denver. Wally - seen in the photograph above on the right - is doing well, and recently returned from a trip to San Francisco he and his wife Linda took to visit their two children, Peter and Lydia.  Lydia and her husband live in Los Altos, while Peter and his wife live near Golden Gate Park. Peter, who works full time as a computer programmer, also volunteers to lead tours of San Francisco twice a month thru the San Francisco Public Library. While there, Wally and Linda took his tour of the downtown area and were quite impressed. Wally recommended that I definitely take it the next time I am in San Francisco. He tells me that these tours are actually free, although you can make a donation to the library if you choose. Of course, as blog readers well know, free is my favorite price point, although I would probably have to face staying overnight again in Wendover, Utah on the drive there. Talk about a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment