Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Talking About Baseball And Life At Old Chicago


I had a late lunch yesterday afternoon with my friend Stuart - seen in the photograph above - at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom in beautiful Lakewood, Colorado. Of course, when I think about Lakewood, I am reminded of those Nebraska tourism ads on television, where they state that "it's not for everyone." And Lakewood is possibly not for anyone. In any case, among other things, Stuart and I discussed baseball and the prospects for both the Cubs and the White Sox this year. Stuart is originally from the North Side of Chicago, and a Cubs fan, and I am from the South Side, and, of course, a White Sox fan. The Cubs traded away all their star players last year, and are in a rebuilding phase. The White Sox finished first in the American League Central last year, thanks to playing in a weak division, and will probably win it again this year, too. Neither Stuart nor I are holding our breath thinking either team will make it to the World Series. As for the Colorado Rockies, they might as well just head for the golf course now and save a lot of time and frustration for both players and fans. And saying that, I am actually being kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment