Sunday, October 16, 2022

Is It Still An Anniversary If You Are Divorced? Will I Get A Gift?


If my ex-wife Lisa and I were still married, we would be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary today. Now THAT is a long time. Sadly, the marriage did not work out, and Lisa now lives in San Francisco. She came back to Colorado about a year ago while settling her mother's estate, and we got together one morning for coffee at Kaladi Coffee Roasters, just to the west of the University of Denver. We had a really nice visit, catching up on what each of us has been up to during the 10 years since we last saw each other. Lisa is doing well, and recently retired from her job as a music teacher to work full-time at Muir Woods, where she has been working during her school's summer breaks. The good life at last! The photograph above, by the way, was taken, with the help of the timer on my camera, at Golden Gate Canyon State Park, just to the west of Denver, back in 1982, where we went to write our wedding vows. Which, as I recall, was a bit of a challenge for me, and was probably one of the many warning signs that this marriage was not going to work out. Of course, back then I was young, and ignored warning signs like the plague. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment