Thursday, October 20, 2022

Reverting Back To My Original Blog (At Least For A Day)




I started this blog back in 2010 as a requirement for a photo class that I was taking at the University of Denver, taught by Roddy MacInnes, my friend and head of the photography department there. The assignment was to take photographs each day, and post the best one online. After the class ended, I turned it into a blog about the University of Denver Bookstore, where I worked as the Finance Manager for 28 years. When the store was outsourced to Follett Higher Education Group, the contract required all employees be retained for a minimum of one year. Even before I became a Follett employee, I was told the company was very unhappy with my blog, and that I would be fired unless I removed all references to Follett, and also dismissed if I printed anything they might find objectionable (which seemed to be almost everything). After exactly one year, I was laid off, and the blog became what it is today, by which I mean indescribable. Lately, I have been helping my sister Susan get her townhouse up in Fort Collins ready to sell, and have not had much time to take photographs. Therefore, yesterday, I decided to go back to the best photograph of the day method, which is why today I am featuring the portrait of a squirrel in the photograph on the left. As Flip Wilson used to say when he was playing Geraldine on his variety show, "what you sees is what you gets."

No comments:

Post a Comment