Sunday, July 2, 2023

A Chicago Lakefront Flashback


I have been watching the WGN Chicago television newscast on my computer lately, and the big news there (besides a lot of shootings) is a NASCAR road race that is taking place this weekend (weather permitting) around Grant Park. Hearing about all that activity around the lakefront makes me nostalgic for the times I used to bike along Lake Michigan when I lived in Chicago. Sometimes my sister Susan and late brother-in-law George would come along, too. We would park near the Shedd Aquarium, bike north along the lakefront, and then through Lincoln Park, a truly wonderful experience during the summertime. I took the photograph above of Susan during one of those rides, back in 1973, when I was still going to school at the Illinois Institute of Technology. I still hear from IIT, by the way, calling to say hello, ask how I am doing, and make sure they are in my will. Nice to know they still care. And just a helpful tip for everyone back in Chicago - this will NOT be a good weekend for that lakefront bikeride.

No comments:

Post a Comment