Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Elk Meadow Park


On the drive back to Denver from Evergreen, Colorado a few days ago, I stopped at Elk Meadow Park and took the above photograph. Elk Meadow Park is part of the Jefferson County Open Space, and is located between Evergreen and Bergen Park. It is also the best place in the county to see herds of - you guessed it - elk. Evergreen and Bergen Park are both upscale suburbs, located 19 miles west of Denver, at an altitude of about 7,200 feet. I keep thinking what a great place this would be to live, until reality and winter (from September through June in the mountains) sets in. The Colorado Department of Transportation often closes I-70, the most direct route up there, during snowstorms. Nothing like sitting in your car on the interstate for hours on end until the road finally opens up again. Of course, most people who live up there can probably afford to own a place in town for such occasions, so no worries. If it was me, my place in town would be my car, parked on a side street. Oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment