Saturday, July 15, 2023

Relative Humidity


I just finished reading Relative Humidity, Laurence Shames latest "Key West Capers" comic novel. This time around, reluctant private eye Pete Amsterdam is enjoying the good life in his modest Key West home when his annoying mother Gertie shows up unexpectedly. She came down from New York with her new boyfriend Gianni, who thinks he is being stalked by a hit man, and wants her son Pete to find out what is going on. Out of his depth, he consults Bert the Shirt, an elderly retired Mafioso who lives in a nearby condo with Nacho, his pet chihuahua. Bert has a habit of getting involved in helping both locals and visitors alike out of the trouble - especially with the Mafia - they get themselves into on that island paradise. I really like these books, and am very happy that Shames has returned to writing this series after a long break. Unlike before, I believe these newer books are self-published, and only available on Amazon. Since there are only new copies available, at new book prices, I have been downloading Kindle editions of the most recent books onto my late brother-in-law George's iPad, which I only recently learned you could do. What can I say? I am not tech savvy. In any case, I enjoyed this 17th installment in the series, and can recommend it if you are looking for a fun, lighthearted read. Book or Kindle, they both read the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment