Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Independence Day!


Today is the 4th of July, a day of picnics and celebrations across the country. It is also the day I find out if the neighbors downstairs will once again be shooting off fireworks from their balcony, like they did last year. Talk about exciting! Not to mention loud. Years ago, I always used to attend one of the 4th of July fireworks games at Coors Field here in Denver, but eventually decided it had become too expensive. And evidently, not much has changed, since the local television news reported that remaining tickets were priced at over $100 this year. I must admit, however, that I did enjoy getting tickets to the Rockpile for those games. They are usually the worst seats in the house, but on the 4th, everyone in that section is led down to the playing field to watch the fireworks, which was always a special treat. Eventually, I decided to just go down to Coors Field near the end of the game, and take photographs of the fireworks from outside the stadium. The past few years, I have said the hell with it all, and decided to post the same photograph, as seen above, that I took in 2021. Fireworks are fireworks, after all. Can you really distinguish the 2023 fireworks from those back in 2021, or for that matter, 2001? I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment