Friday, September 29, 2023

License Plate Theft - Hope For The Best, Expect The Worst - As Usual


I drove my sister Susan to Wendy's for lunch the other day, and when we came back to the car, I noticed that my front license plate was missing. I suspect someone must have unscrewed it, and taken both the plate and frame the previous evening while my car was sitting in its parking spot. Is this kind of theft pretty common these days, or what? The rear plate is still there, which will help Denver police when they spot me driving the "get-away vehicle," no doubt expecting to capture or kill a triple homicide suspect, or some such scenario. I am pretty sure the days of shoot first and ask questions later are over, but you never know. Or perhaps the thief just took the plate to use on his or her own car, and the only effect will be a $2,000 E-470 toll bill sent to my address. I was thinking of waiting to report the theft until renewal time, but as you can tell, thanks to my vivid imagination, I will be reporting it today, and then heading to the Motor Vehicle Department for the 6 hour wait to get new plates. Hopefully, no major crimes have been linked to my plates as of yet, or I will be handcuffed and booked before I even step foot inside District 3 Headquarters to file that report. I wonder if I should set up a GoFundMe page for bail money in advance? Probably a wise idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment