Saturday, September 2, 2023

Racing The Light


I just finished reading Racing The Light, Robert Crais' latest Elvis Cole and Joe Pike private detective novel, set as always in and around LA. It came out in November of 2022, but I just got a copy of it recently. This series is very popular, and the waiting list at the Denver Public Library is always a long one for Crais' new releases. This time, Cole is hired by an elderly (my age) mother after her son, a not-very-successful podcast journalist, disappears. The situation becomes very dangerous very quickly, and Cole calls in his partner, Joe Pike, for much needed help. Complicating matters is the return to LA of ex-girlfriend Lucy Chenier and her son for a visit. I really enjoy reading this series, and I found Racing The Light just as good as all the others. I definitely recommend it. Just don't let the 9 month waiting list at the library scare you off.

No comments:

Post a Comment