Wednesday, November 1, 2023

All Saints Day!


Today is All Saints Day (aka All Hallows' Day), and in honor of this occasion I am featuring a photograph of St. Francis of Assisi that I took at the Santa Fe Fiesta this past September. Evidently, St. Francis decided to retire to Santa Fe, New Mexico, but still makes an appearance at the fiesta parade every year. No doubt some sort of miracle - the camera never lies, after all. There also seems to be a garrison of Spanish conquistadors in the Santa Fe area, too, as shown in a photograph of them riding past the Palace of the Governors that I posted on this blog back on September 12th. It is still another true but amazing fact. The things you learn when you travel, right? My sister Susan and I intend to look St. Francis up and pay a visit when we return to Santa Fe for next year's fiesta. I am sure he is listed in the local phone book. All we will have to do is find a phone booth. How hard can that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment