Thursday, November 30, 2023

On The Hunt For Wildlife In Colorado


Living in Colorado, I have always been on the hunt for wildlife to photograph. I have searched high and low for moose, bears, and unicorns, but have never seen one. The best I have done is the occasional deer and elk. I have even driven to the Colorado Center for the Moose, located just to the east of Walden, Colorado, which is no short drive from either Denver or Fort Collins, to see moose, without success. Some weeks the only wildlife I see, besides the hipster's in Denver's River North (RINO) neighborhood, are squirrels, such as the one in the photograph above that I took across the street from Observatory Park. Observatory Park is located in Denver's University Park neighborhood, just east of the University of Denver campus, where faculty and staff built large Victorian homes after DU moved to its current location back in 1892. DU's Chamberlin Observatory is in the center of the park. Not surprisingly, this area is a very desirable and expensive place to live. Even the squirrels seem to be fat and happy. But still no moose or bears in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment