Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The Boulder Firefly Handmade Holiday Market!





I was driving past the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder, Colorado this past Saturday afternoon, and noticed that it was packed with people milling about various booths, scattered all around. Happily, I was able to find a parking space just around the corner, which was a loading zone, but only Monday through Friday, and it was free. Free! I hurried back to the mall, and found out that the Boulder Firefly Handmade Market was taking place, which I have never heard of before, but which definitely attracts a big crowd. The weather was perfect, the restaurant patios were full, and everyone seemed to be in a great mood.





I walked the length of the mall, checking out the art, doing a little people-watching, and once again thinking about how fun it would be to live in this very special community. If I was a millionaire, that is. Assuming your average millionaire could still afford to live here these days. I also thought about how much fun it must be to attend the University of Colorado, located just up the hill from the mall. Many of the students walking around probably live in the dorms, no doubt at a much cheaper cost that renting a place in Boulder. But after 4 years, they too will have to face the real world of unaffordable housing, not to mention paying off those student loans. Once again, it is probably best to just come up here from Denver on the occasional weekend, and pretend that you live here. It has always worked for me, after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment