Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy 4th Of July!


Today is Independence Day, the 4th of July, and many Americans are taking a long weekend to celebrate. I heard on the news that 4th of July travel will break records this year. Not too long ago, I myself traveled to Cannon Beach, Oregon at least two or three times both to celebrate the 4th and take part in Hoyt family reunions. In addition to enjoying the beach, we would head downtown each year for the annual 4th of July parade, which was always a lot of fun to see. As far as I could tell, the entire town participated in the event. We probably could have joined in, too. But sadly, we weren't there long enough to build a Hoyt Family Float. Still another bucket list experience thwarted. But no matter. The photograph above, by the way, shows my Uncle Jack, in his 90s at the time, waiting for the parade to begin. Very wonderful memories. Happy 4th of July Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment