Saturday, July 27, 2024

My Parent's Wedding Anniversary





Today would have been my parents Nelson and Mary's 84th wedding anniversary if they were still alive today. They were married July 27th, 1940, at Uncle John Tallman's farmhouse in Geneva, Illinois. The photograph on the left shows them at Hobe Sound Beach on Jupiter Island in the summer of 1977, the year after they moved to a condo in Stuart, Florida from Chicago. They both loved it there. My father could play golf every day, and my mother learned to play golf, too, making more friends there than at any other time in her life. Sadly, my father passed away in 1983 at the age of 74, but my mother stayed on in Stuart for almost 30 years, leaving my sister Susan and I her condo when she passed away. Which we have now taken back after renting it out for the past 15 years. And after being here for a couple of weeks now, I have to stay that Stuart is as wonderful as ever, and this condo does indeed feel like home. Almost like the spirits of my parents are still here, celebrating their anniversary. One can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment