Monday, July 1, 2024

Getting Together Once Again With The DU Bookstore Gang (Retired)


I got together with some of the old gang from the University of Denver Bookstore yesterday evening. And wouldn't you know it, as we were leaving, I completely forgot to take my traditional photograph of the gathering. I seem to be getting more forgetful in my old age. In addition to forgetting to do things, I often forget names and places when I talk to people, and when I later remember around 3:00 A.M. what it was and call to let them know, they actually seem a bit perturbed. But I digress. This is the reason why I had to put together the above collage of everyone who was there last night to use on this blog post. The hosts of the dinner were Chris (the former Accounts Payable Assistant at the bookstore) and her husband Jim, as seen in the photograph on the left. As usual, it was an excellent meal. The next photograph, to the right, is of Jake, who was married to Valarie, the late Operations Manager of the bookstore. Jake recently returned from a 21-day motorcycle trip through the Western U.S. and Canada, which he thoroughly enjoyed. The photograph to the right of him is of Darrel, the former Accounts Payable Manager for the store, and his wife Linda, who are planning an RV trip to Idaho. The photographs on the far right are of my sister Susan and I. We are planning a trip this summer to Stuart, Florida to enjoy both the heat and the humidity, something we rarely see here in Denver. It was great getting together and catching up with everyone, guys! Let's do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment