Wednesday, October 16, 2024

A Sort Of Anniversary


Today would have been my 42nd wedding anniversary if I was still married, but my ex-wife Lisa and I have been divorced for 37 years now. Is it still an anniversary if we don't exchange gifts? In any case, the photograph above was taken at Maroon Bells, located just outside of Aspen, Colorado back in October of 1982 while we were on our honeymoon. This is an extremely popular tourist destination, and these days you need to make a reservation if you want to visit there between May 15th and October 31st. It costs $10 for a permit to park a car, but you must arrive before 8:00 A.M. No cars are allowed to enter between 8:00 and 5:00, which to me seems to be quite a hassle. You can take a shuttle, which costs $16 for an adult, but a mere $10 for seniors, due to their advanced age. Back when that photograph was taken there were no such restrictions. You drove there and parked. That was it, and thankfully, there were not too many tourists during the month of October. In other words, the good old days. Perhaps I should call Lisa, who now lives in San Francisco, and tell her we could get senior discounts if we decided to go back there for old times sake? I wonder how that would go over? Not well, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment