Sunday, October 13, 2024

Speaking Of Circle Bay...


I mentioned Circle Bay, which is located on the St. Lucie River in Stuart, Florida, in yesterday's blog post. It is located right next door to my sister Susan and my condo, which we inherited from our parents, Nelson and Mary. One of my favorite photographs, which I took in the late 1970s, is of my father standing on the dock at Circle Bay next to one of the boats moored there, as seen in the photograph above. When Susan and I would visit our parents down in Stuart, we would often wander over there and walk past the boats, admiring them and sometimes hopping aboard for a quick photo. Circle Bay has an inlet from the river that allows each tenant to dock a boat in front of their condo. However, my father's interest in boats only went as far as looking at them. He actually loved golf, and our condo has a 9-hole course that he loved to play. And as I have learned over the years, golf clubs are much cheaper than boats. My parents had many friends at Circle Bay, and so we were always welcome at that condo complex back then. These days, Susan and I don't know anyone there, and since everyone in the State of Florida seems to be armed these days, I'm afraid that if we did try to walk around over there, we probably wouldn't be walking back. It is Florida, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment