Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Watching Nations League Soccer AND Women's World Cup Cricket With Mark.


I went over to my friend Mark's place to watch a UEFA Nations League soccer match between England and Finland Sunday morning and a cricket match broke out. When I arrived, Mark was glued to the television watching Australia play India in a Women's T20 World Cup cricket match. I didn't even realize there were national teams playing women's cricket until two days ago. The games were supposed to take place in Bangladesh, but due to political unrest, they are being played in the United Arab Emirates instead, a place I never hope to see in my lifetime, if possible. Australia won the match 151 to 142. Meanwhile, in Helsinki, England was beating Finland by a score of 3-1, which is how the game ended. I myself have never been interested in visiting Helsinki. It seems too modern a place, and I prefer to visit cities that have a lot of history attached to them. However, seeing the above view of Helsinki Olympic Stadium, with the city in the background, it does indeed look like a very pretty place. Mark, seen in the foreground of the photo, is one third Finnish, visited the city a few years ago for half a day, and wants to go back and stay longer. Be sure to bring a jacket, Mark. I hear Finland can get pretty nippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment