Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Walking The DU Campus With Stuart


My friend Stuart (seen in the photograph above) and I walked around the University of Denver campus yesterday afternoon before we had lunch at Spanky's Roadhouse, located just to the west of DU. Both Stuart and I are alumni of DU, and I myself worked as the Finance Manager of the University of Denver Bookstore for 28 years before it was outsourced to Follett Higher Education Group. Both good times and bad. In any case, when we got to Spanky's, since baseball is over for both Chicago teams, not to mention the Colorado Rockies, we discussed politics and also the Category 5 hurricane fast approaching Florida. It is indeed scary how strong these storms are becoming, and you have to wonder what lies in the future if these catastrophic events keep happening. Massive destruction, unaffordable property insurance, the future does not look good for the sunshine state.

No comments:

Post a Comment