Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Harbourside Place, which is located in Jupiter, Florida, to walk around and stretch my legs a little bit. Harbourside Place is a mixed-use development along the intercoastal waterway that now functions as Jupiter's downtown. I really like the landscaping and the location along the water, which makes for a pleasant place to hang out, as seen in the photograph on the left. This complex is filled with upscale shops, a luxury hotel, a marina, offices, and, needless to say, pricey restaurants. In fact, this is the location of The Woods, a restaurant owned by none other than Tiger Woods, which made me wonder what Tiger was up to these days.
The last time we were in Florida, my sister Susan and I were driving down South Beach Road on Jupiter Island when we came upon a police car blocking the road. We were told it was temporarily closed and that we needed to turn back the way we came. This was on March 27th and I later found out the road was closed because of a rollover crash involving Tiger Woods, who was later charged with suspicion of DUI involving the use of pain killers he was taking after multiple operations and injuries. The last I heard, he had flown to Switzerland to undergo rehab. When I got home, I checked online and found that Woods has completed rehab and made his first public appearance since his return at an event for the PGA tour back on June 23rd. He has stated his intention to return to professional golf "once his pain management routine stabilizes consistently and provides him with the relief he needs to compete again." And going the extra mile in doing research on the subject, I discovered that someone named Larry from New York City wrote that he had a great time dining at The Woods back on July 9th and caught sight of Tiger while there. Woods, of course, has a 12-acre Jupiter Island estate not too far from the restaurant. What I want to know is if he was tending bar or just waiting tables. Inquiring minds want to know.



No comments:
Post a Comment