Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Meanwhile, Back In Denver...





I saw in the Denver Post yesterday morning that a bear was found in a tree in Denver's Platte Park neighborhood. The exact location was at East Louisiana Avenue and South Pennsylvania Street, which is just 1 1/2 miles from my condo. Wildlife authorities say they have no idea how it got there, since there have been no recent bear sightings between the foothills, where it is assumed to have come from, and south-central Denver. My guess is Uber, but since I am originally from the Brainerd neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago, where bear sightings are even more infrequent than Denver, I am, of course, not an expert. Wildlife officials tranquilized the bear and removed it to a "more appropriate location," which I hope is nearby Washington Park. I really want to get a picture of that Denver Bear. The only other Denver Bears I have taken photographs of were players on the AAA baseball team of that name that played at the old Mile High Stadium before the Colorado Rockies, a National League expansion team, began playing in Denver in 1993. And it is really not quite the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment