Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dirty Pictures!



I went to the Denver Art Museum today. It was the first Saturday of the month, and it was free admission today - not that that matters, of course. I am not cheap, despite what everyone (and by this I mean you, Valarie) thinks! In any case, I saw that the museum's photo gallery was featuring "Dirty Pictures," so I bounded up the steps three at a time to make sure I would be properly outraged. It turned out that the photographs were part of the "Marvelous Mud" exhibit at the museum, and featured photographs of mud, earth, and the natural elements. I was not impressed with the photographs until I saw Sebastiao Salgado's photographs of the thousands of workers at the Serra Pelada gold mines in Brazil. What a brilliant photographer! What an inspiration to photographers everywhere! Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment