Sunday, August 14, 2011

Working On The "Rush" Schedule




It is Sunday afternoon, and I have been working on the DU Bookstore's "Rush" schedules, the schedules for Labor Day week and the 1st week of classes. It is a lot like scheduling Patton's Third Army, but much more complicated. I don't think I will be slapping down a private who can't take the stress any more, like Patton did, although in point of fact I may very well slap down a textbook buyer or two. In any case, I am using the schedule that Bill - the previous Operations Coordinator - put together last year, as a model. It has all kinds of different colors that once meant something, but not anymore. I just like the colorful effect, and have decided to keep it as it is. Let everyone decide what the various colors mean to them in their own hearts. This is Zen scheduling at it's finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment