Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Light Rail Update!


I read on the Internet yesterday that Denver's Fast Tracks Rail Project will soon be starting construction on 4 new light rail lines, including the "Gold Line" to Old Town Arvada and Wheat Ridge, Colorado.  I was anxious to mention this to Doug, my co-worker at the DU Bookstore, since I could swear he told me that this particular rail line was planned to go right through his house.  Either that or the tracks would run right beside his house, kind of like the old hotel where Jake and Elwood lived in the Blues Brothers movie.  After I mentioned this to Doug today, he told me that no, the light rail line wouldn't go near his home, although sometime in the future his house might be condemned to make way for an urban renewal project.  So Doug is okay - at least for now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment