Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Walk On The Wet Side


This weekend the Cherry Creek Arts Festival takes place here in Denver.  Although today started out sunny, it soon clouded over.  As I was perusing the one of the booths, it started to rain, and quickly became a deluge.  Within 15 minutes, 3rd Street was a raging river, and tents, garbage, pets, small children, etc. were floating past me. As soon as the rains started, the artists closed up their booths.  After the rains stopped, I had assumed they would reopen, but most didn't.  The ones whose booths were in the middle of the newly formed river, I can understand, but even the booths that could be reached without a boat stayed closed.  I took a peek into one, and saw a lone artist sitting on a stool in his covered tent, drinking wine straight from the bottle, reflecting on life and art.  Wait until next year, guys!      

No comments:

Post a Comment