Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More Jobs - What A Concept!


There are quite a few filling stations from the 1930s and 1940s in southeast Denver that have been converted to other uses - flower shops, restaurants, even upholstery shops.  I walked past the old service station in the photograph above this evening.  It made me think of my recent trip to Oregon, where all stations are full service and self-service gas stations are banned.  My cousin almost got into a fistfight with one station attendant when he tried to fill up his car, not being familiar with Oregon's state laws. In addition, I stopped at one station out in the countryside that was a combination service station and gun shop ("Team Glock" said the banner on the side of the building).  But still, the result is more jobs and less corporate oil profits.  What a concept!  What a state!  

No comments:

Post a Comment