Saturday, March 9, 2013

Baseball And Old Chicago


I had burgers and beers with my friend Stuart (in photograph above) at Old Chicago here in Denver the other night.  The place has lots of Chicago memorabilia to remind us of our old hometown.  Stuart comes from the North Side, home of the Chicago Cubs, while I come from the South Side, home of the Chicago White Sox.  Talk inevitably turned to baseball and spring training.  Stuart told me that last year was just a rebuilding year for the Cubs (they lost 101 games).  He also told me that this year the Cubs could very well take it all and wind up in the World Series.  I love this time of year!  If you are going to place a substantial bet with a Cubs fan, be sure to do it before the regular season begins and reality slowly sinks in.  Let's play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment