Sunday, March 3, 2013

Retired And Loving It!


I got a call the other day from Bill, the former Operations Coordinator for the DU Bookstore, who was prominently featured in my international bestseller "The Book on the DU Bookstore" (see photograph above).  Bill - who retired from the Bookstore several years ago - wanted to know if I was free to attend a University of Denver basketball game next Saturday night.  My immediate response was "DU has a basketball team?"  Once he assured me it did, I told him I wouldn't miss it.  Bill also told me that he recently sold his interest in a three store bike rack business with locations in Los Angeles and San Francisco.  When I mentioned that he will no longer be able to deduct his trips to California on his taxes, he told me he never did, since all he usually did was say "Hi" when he dropped into the stores.  Are you crazy, Bill?  You should have me do your taxes.  Once you say "Hi," EVERYTHING is deductible.  I'll get you the post office boxes of some of my satisfied clients.  By coincidence, they all live in Leavenworth, Kansas these days.  I hear it's beautiful there.

No comments:

Post a Comment