Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Band Formerly Known As Mad Cowabunga


Marty - the DU Bookstore's Textbook Manager, seen in the photograph above playing the guitar - and his fellow band-mates played at the Bannock Street Garage last night to a packed house. Despite the cold and snow, my fellow Bookstore employee Wally, his wife Linda, and I drove down to Denver's Golden Triangle neighborhood to hear them.  The band played mainly 80s era rock, and I must say, it was a little on the loud side.  Wally requested a few Lawrence Welk tunes, and I requested "Istanbul, not Constantinople," but the band decided to stick with their regular set.  Now just because the three of us were a little older than the rest of the crowd - by about 35 years or so, I have to admit - that was no reason not to play our requests.  If they did, perhaps it would start a big Lawrence Welk revival among Denver's twenty-somethings. Break out the accordions, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment