Friday, January 24, 2014

Celebrating With Stuart!


I drove out to Lakewood, Colorado yesterday evening to celebrate my 61st birthday at Old Chicago with my friend Stuart.  Lakewood - or at least the Old Chicago located there - was hopping, as usual. Over beers and pizza, Stuart and I discussed the idea of moving back to our old home town of Chicago, with perfectly opposite opinions.  Stuart said that the many murders reported on the WGN-Chicago television news and the many below zero temperatures there has convinced him never to move back.  I say the sheer excitement and beauty of the city outweighs all the negatives, such as certain death.  Hopefully someone will turn up with the deciding vote soon.  Meantime, if you crave urban excitement, I say stay out of Lakewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment