Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hanging Out In The Hood...


These days I am taking the bus to my workplace, located near the corner of Colfax Avenue and University Boulevard here in Denver. It is a fascinating neighborhood, to say the least, with the population running from street persons to ultra yuppies. Occasionally I head downtown after work and take the Colfax Avenue bus, which is more exciting than a ride at Disney World.  Last week while riding this bus, the other passengers and I were treated to someone recounting all of their fights with both individuals and street gangs, and the resulting confrontations with police, judges, parole officers, etc.  I would have taken a photograph of him, but since he kept telling his friend how much he enjoyed all of this fighting, I thought it might be best to be a bit more circumspect.  Call me crazy, but "that's how I roll," as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment