Thursday, January 9, 2014

Epiphany


Last Monday, January 6th, was Epiphany, the 12th Day of Christmas.  It is celebrated worldwide as the day the three wise men arrived in Bethlehem bearing gifts.  In our family, we always kept our Christmas decorations up until after this date.  However, for various reasons, this year neither my sister nor I put up a Christmas tree, as opposed to years ago, when we always put up a giant natural tree.  In the photograph above, I am sitting next to our tree in a slip-covered chair (naturally) in the living room of our home in the South Side Chicago neighborhood of Brainerd, back when Santa Claus still paid yearly visits.  Those were the days.  I don't know about you, but I haven't seen Santa come around since before the new millennium. What gives with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment