Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Post All Star Game Review


I got together with my friend Stuart for burgers and beers last night at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom on South Colorado Boulevard here in Denver.  The subject of major league's baseball's annual All Star Game- which took place the previous evening - came up, and I mentioned that for the first time in years I decided to watch it.  It was close game, and the American League finally won it with a home run in the top of the 10th inning.  I couldn't resist mentioning that it was a Chicago Cubs relief pitcher who gave up that home run, and also added a whimsical  "surprise!"  Stuart then asked me if after winning the World Series and having such a wonderful season last year, I was going to go back to considering the Cubs a lovable loser once again?  And to that I replied "definitely."  Speaking as a dedicated fan of the Chicago White Sox (the city's South Side baseball team) - a team that won the 2007 World Series and has been horrible ever since - I say you are only as good as you are right now.  And I am not just bitter because the White Sox are solidly in last place.  Not at all.  No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment